An I-20 Certificate is not a visa. It is a Certificate of Eligibility, which must be presented to the U.S. Consulate (if foreign student is applying outside of the U.S.) or to the Immigration and naturalization Service (if a student is applying while in the U.S.).Officials of the United States government decide whether or not to issue a student visa.
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS TO APPLY TO THE COLLEGE:
- Complete the online Student Application form on our website: www.globe.edu;
- Copy of the first page of your passport with picture ID, date of birth, and passport expiration date;
- Provide a notarized copy of high school diploma or equivalent, and transcripts of all high school and college grades.Diploma and transcripts must be submitted in the original language and bear the school’s seal with signature of the registrar or other appropriate official. Diploma and transcripts must be presented in a notarized English translation and evaluation MUST be submitted.
- If you have taken the TOEFL during the past two years, present your score to the college, otherwise you will need to take a test provided by us;
- Provide an Affidavit of Financial Support and Bank Statement to establish ability to pay for college and living expenses (at least $25,000 and depends on country of origin);
- Provide proof of name change if all documents are not under the same name as the application;
- Pay a $250.00 U.S. non-refundable application fee, and the first semester tuition of $6,300 (some scholarship may apply)
When all documents are on file, they are reviewed to assure that the application qualifies for admission. Tuition fees will be returned within 30 days if the U.S. Consulate Office or the Immigration and Naturalization Service rejects the student.
|Initial Student(Outside The US)||Transfer Student(Inside The US)||Change of Status(Inside The US)|
|Complete the online application, all the required documents and fee.www.globe.edu||Complete the online application, all the required documents and fee.www.globe.edu||Complete the online application, all the required documents and fee.www.globe.edu|
|Receive I-20 and Acceptance Letter Register I-20 with SEVIS (I-901) https://www.fmjfee.com/ Schedule appointment with US Embassy||Receive I-20 and Acceptance Letter||Receive I-20 and Acceptance Letter Register I-20 with SEVIS (I-901) https://www.fmjfee.com/|
|Interview with US Embassy for F-1 Student Visa in your own country||Request from your current school to fill out “GIT” Transfer form and have DSO sign it and send back to GIT||Submit I-539 and all required documents to USCIS|
|Once you receive your F-1 Student Visa, you can arrive in the US 30 days ahead of the schedule classes start date.Report you arrival to “GIT” immediately. Submit copy of your F-1 Visa to the college.||Receive your new I-20 from GIT||After approval of your change of status, report to GIT and submit copy of USCIS Approval Letter|