Home > Admissions > International Students
Globe Institute of Technology is authorized by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service to issue an I-20, a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status, to any foreign student who meets the admissions requirements for the selected program of study and who provides complete documentation as specified by the College.
An I-20 Certificate is not a visa. It is a Certificate of Eligibility, which must be presented to the U.S. Consulate (if a foreign student is applying outside of the U.S.) or Immigration and Naturalization Service (if a student is applying while in the U.S.) Officials of the United States government decide whether or not to issue a student visa.
Questions about housing and expenses or tuition rates?
Call the Office of Admissions for information at 212-349-4330, ext.500, or contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
Complete the following steps to apply for admission to the college:
When all materials are on file, they are reviewed to assure that the applicant qualifies for admission. Tuition fees will be returned within 30 days if the U.S. Consulate Office or the Immigration and Naturalization Service reject the student.
- Complete the online International Student Application form
- Provide a notarized copy of your high school diploma or equivalent, and official transcripts of all high school and
college grades. Transcripts must be submitted in the original language and bear the school seal with the signature of the registrar or other
appropriate official. All transcripts not in English must be presented in a notarized English translation;
- If you have taken a TOEFL during the past 2 years, please present your score to the college, otherwise you will need to take a Celsa test provided by Globe;
- Provide an affidavit of financial support and a bank statement to document your ability to pay for college and living expenses-reflecting a minimum of $25,000 in US currency;
- Provide proof of any name change if all your documents are not in the same name on the application;
- Provide records of immunization against mumps, measles and rubella;
- Provide a copy of the first page of your passport with picture ID, date of birth, and passport expiration date;
- Pay a $50 U.S. non-refundable application fee, a $200 non-refundable international application fee, and the first semester tuition of $6,300 in full using a money order, bank check, or credit card. You can make the payment on our website at the time you fill out the International Student Application form.
Remember that it is the United States government that makes the decision whether or not to issue your visa. Globe can only certify that you are eligible to study in one of the College's programs.