telCall us Today


Globe Institute of Technology financial aid office offers the following financial aid (to those who are qualified):

These different types of financial aid are bundled together to form your financial aid award package.

Financial Aid office will assist you to complete electronically all necessary applications for different types of financial aid, and to get approval.

General Information about student aid, and applying for student aid:

Federal Student Aid Information Center 1-800-4-FED-AID (TTY 1-800-730-8913)
Student Aid and the Web

To apply for financial aid at Globe Institute of Technology, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) either via the web at or by paper at our Financial Aid Office. The Federal school code is 017010.

If student or parent of dependent student do not have a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to sign FAFSA application online, student/parent could apply for PIN via web at After the completed FAFSA is mailed to the Department of Education, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). Globe Institute of Technology will also receive a copy of the SAR that we will use to determine your award eligibility for federal grants PELL, FSEOG, and for student Direct Loans.

Direct Loans
Direct loans (Subsidized/Unsibsidized) are low-interest loans for students and parents to help pay for college for the cost of a student’s education. The lender is the U.S. Department of Education rather than a bank. For more information about the Direct Loan program visit web site

Every student is encouraged to complete online (at or/and an Entrance counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) – the legal request to manage Direct Loan (DL)

Direct PLUS loans are also low-interest loans available to parents of dependent students. Interest is charged during all periods. MPN for PLUS is also available at

New York state residents will receive an Electronic Application (ETA) for Tuition Assistance Program (New York State TAP grant) directly from Higher Education Services based upon your filing the FAFSA. Financial Aid Office will assist you in completing electronically the TAP application process. The NYS codes for TAP ETA are 7936 for up to 2-year undergraduate programs and 6936 for 4-year undergraduate programs. You can estimate your TAP award by using the TAP estimator at

Once your application to HESC has been submitted, you will receive an award letter or E-mail notification in about 4 to 8 weeks. In the meantime, you can check your application status at

In addition to Scholarships offered by Globe Institute of Technology, there are thousands of companies, foundations and groups that offer private scholarships based upon a variety of criteria. You can search for opportunities at You should also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at to take full advantage of Federal and New York state aid programs.

Alternative Loan
There are several lenders that offer alternative loans in addition to or in place of the Stafford Loan. Requirements differ and rejection by one lender does not mean that you cannot apply to another for consideration. Listed below are the links to several lenders. These loans should be considered only after your eligibility for the Stafford Subsidized and Unsubsidized has been determined. Sallie Mae Signature Loan Application
Nellie Mae Signature Loan Application
Citibank CitiAssist Loan Application
Bank of America Alternative Loan Application

Verification Worksheet
Once your FAFSA is processed and you have received a Student Aid Report (SAR), it indicates that you were selected for a process called Verification. You must provide a copy of the prior year Income Tax return(s) and/or budget letter(s) and complete a Verification Worksheet with household information.

Immigration and Naturalization Service
If you are an eligible non-citizen and Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) cannot confirm your residency status, you must provide the Financial Aid Office with a copy of your Green Card or your I-94 Form.

U.S. Citizens
If you are a U.S. Citizen and Social Security Administration cannot confirm your citizenship, you must provide the Financial Aid Office with a copy of your Birth Certificate or a copy of your Naturalization Certificate.

Selective Service
Male students must be registered with Selective Service. You can register or check the status of your registration at